Visual Studio Code (VS Code) is a powerful and versatile code editor that’s widely used by developers across the globe. Whether you’re working on web development, software engineering, or data science, having VS Code in your toolkit can significantly enhance your productivity. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the straightforward process of installing Visual Studio Code on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Installing Visual Studio Code on Windows
- Download the Installer from https://code.visualstudio.com. Click on the “Download for Windows” button.
- Locate the installer executable (.exe) file in your downloads folder. Run the Installer.
- Read and accept the license agreement to proceed with the installation.
- Choose the destination folder where you want to install Visual Studio Code or leave it as the default. Click “Next” to continue.
- (Optional) You can choose to add Visual Studio Code to the system PATH, which allows you to run VS Code from the command line. Click “Next” to proceed.
- Click the “Install” button to start the installation process. Wait for the installation to complete.
- Once the installation is finished, click the “Finish” button to launch VS Code on your Windows computer.
Installing Visual Studio Code on Mac
- Download the Installer from https://code.visualstudio.com. Click on the “Download for Mac” button.
- Open the disk image by locating the downloaded .zip file in your downloads folder and double-clicking on the file.
- Drag the Visual Studio Code icon to the “Applications” folder
- Open the “Applications” folder, find Visual Studio Code and double-click on it to launch the application.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Visual Studio Code. Now, you can start coding and exploring the extensive features and extensions that VS Code has to offer. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced developer, Visual Studio Code is a versatile code editor that can greatly enhance your coding experience on both Windows and Mac platforms. Remember to regularly update Visual Studio Code to access the latest features and improvements. Happy coding!